Cologne, Germany or Remote
About the Company
Founded in 2010, PIRATEx is the team behind some of the most iconic and unconventional tech & startup events. We bring together more than 15,000 participants annually during events like PIRATE Summit, PIRATE Live, OMClub, EXEC (Fintech & Insurtech), Jeck’n’Tech and Startup SAFARI. We are driven to create experiences for meaningful connections. In addition to our event and community brands, we have augmented our business model to develop, design and produce virtual and hybrid events, conferences and trade shows for external clients. All this is organized by our passionate team of 30+ highly motivated and down to earth crew members.
About the role as Startup Event Curator & Community Builder
We aren’t looking for a manager, we are looking for a real owner with love for our brands and products. Somebody that is emotionally connected to PIRATE and wants to make it their own.
You are mainly responsible for developing the PIRATE Event brands and for shaping the participant experience. This includes deciding on the right positioning, telling a compelling story and curating formats and contents. The production itself will be done by our production team. This requires being very hands-on and delivering a great next event while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
Our first event will be the PIRATE Live event in September 2021. It’s an online event and we will integrate all of our experience of producing 100+ online events in the past year. This event will set a new benchmark for online events. Content, formats and audience will be foundational for PIRATE Events to come.
The future of the PIRATE Event brands may evolve (partly) into products that aren’t recognized as events anymore. And that is fine. We believe that the future of physical events will have a large digital footprint.
You are passionate about entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology. You love taking ownership and bringing ideas to live. Connecting people feels natural to you and networking is your thing. These strengths and passions will help you to build and shape our community!
What we offer:
- Work in a fast-growing, committed and passionate team with flat hierarchies
- Full-time position with a fair monthly wage
- A yearly bonus based on team performance
- A trust-based holiday policy
- Flexible working hours, as well as the possibility to work from home
- Fitness & Health Membership (e.g. Urban Sports Club)
- Regular team events (further training, after-work beers, team retreats, strategy days, etc.)
- A strong feedback culture with regular 1on1 and team feedback sessions
- The opportunity to let off steam with new tools and develop yourself further
- Probably the best crew in the world! (says the crew)
This is you:
- You have a strong personal interest in entrepreneurship and keep yourself updated on what’s going on in the world of tech, innovation and the startup ecosystem
- You are a born networker and preferably bring a strong international business network (startups, corporates and VCs)
- You are an experienced project manager and proven team leader
- You contribute your expertise to make events successful with the right content and speakers
- You are an excellent communicator in English and have an outgoing personality
- You know how to work efficiently and know where automation/tools could make the life of your colleagues (and eventually yours) easier
- Bonus: you have been to PIRATE Summit and/or other PIRATE related events
ARRR you ready to start yor journey with us? We are looking forward to getting in touch!