Project Manager Events (m/f/d)
We are looking for a committed, structured, and enthusiastic event manager with a soft spot for technology. We are located in the Co-Workings Space STARTPLATZ and offer a flexible and professional working environment. The chances of great connections to other like-minded people and young companies as well as access to big events are just some of the advantages here at PIRATEx.
As a Project Manager Events you’re responsible for:
- Event Project Lead: Together with the client, you work out the best solution for their individual productions according to their needs and wishes. Your creativity plays an important role. Productions include various event formats, such as live streams, virtual conferences and trade fairs, hybrid live shows, webinars, meetups, corporate events and much more. Become an expert for remote events!
- Key Account Management: You are the first point of contact and the superhero for your clients, from the kick-off call to the feedback discussion after the event. You set up regular meetings with them, determine goals and requirements and are in proactive, constant exchange with them. You respond to their wishes and build long-term relationships. You always work with them, not just for them.
- Remote Event Production: You will set up virtual event platforms, create stage directions, plan live productions, and conduct briefings and product demos for the clients. You will integrate various event technologies into the production – hardware as well as software solutions. Here you can let off steam creatively, contribute your ideas and try out new tools.
- Service Provider Coordination: You independently bring on board the service providers and partners you need for the production of the events. This includes event technicians, online platform providers, streaming platforms, event locations and studios.
- And you are also a team player! For us it is obvious to help each other within the team and always have an open ear for each other. You always keep your colleagues up to date with the development of the project, get help and tips from them, and of course you also help with other projects.
- Work in a fast-growing, dedicated, and passionate team with flat hierarchies
- The possibility to stay on board permanently
- A trust-based vacation regulation
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Urban Sports Club membership (M)
- Regular team events (advanced training, after-work beer, team retreats, strategy days, and much more)
- A strong feedback culture with regular 1on1 and team feedback sessions
- The opportunity to let off steam with new tools and to develop yourself further
- Probably the best team in the world! (Says the team)
Important skills for the job:
- Professional experience as an event manager/project manager, preferably in an agency
- Passion, enthusiasm, humor, and above all the ability to communicate this through video calls, telephone
- and e-mail communication
- A high degree of team spirit, and at the same time the ability to work independently
- Careful, organized, and structured in the preparation, implementation, and follow-up of an event
- Solution-oriented & confident action
- Top communication skills in German & English
- Customer-oriented way of thinking
- A soft spot for technology and enthusiasm for new technologies
- Good stress management, multitasking ability
Helpful skills for the job:
- Experience in the production of remote events
- Experience in technical event production & audiovisual services for events
- Experience in the planning of large events (budget responsibility >50.000 EUR)
- Experience with the most common project management tools and software (Asana, Excel, Airtable, Google Suite, etc.)
Your day at PIRATEx could look like this:
- You start your day relaxed from home, sipping your coffee while greeting your colleagues in the Kick-Off Zoom Call at 9 am.
- After the short kick-off, you check your mails and create an asana task for your colleague who has agreed to create some graphics for a customer.
- Via Slack, your teammate asks you if you can help her direct a live production next week. You tell her you to agree and put a block in your Google Calendar.
- At 10 am you have your weekly update with a client for whom you are planning a virtual trade show. You go through all the open questions with him and show him the first markup of the production plan you have prepared.
- At 11 a.m. you have an appointment with the hairdresser – you tell the team via slack that you will be in the office for lunch.
- Once you arrive at the STARTPLATZ the daily Struggle is waiting for “What do we eat today?” We decide on wraps from the cafe next door and eat together in our meeting room.
- After lunch, you will have a short phone call with the technician to go over the offer of the hardware you need for your production. You place the document in a Google Drive folder so that everyone on the team can access it.
- In the afternoon, you have a weekly meeting with the other project managers to discuss upcoming events and check who needs support and when.
- The next few hours are spent setting up the event platform that you will use for the virtual trade fair. While setting up the platform, a few questions come up, which you collectively send to the platform provider.
- A customer calls you spontaneously – he has changed his mind at short notice and wants to change the technical sequence of an already planned event. This is of course super annoying as you have already put a lot of work into the planning. But you keep your cool because you know that these things can happen. You sit down to the new schedule, which takes more time than expected.
- It’s 6 pm, you take another look in asana to see if you have done all the important tasks for the day. Unfortunately, you have to postpone some small tasks until tomorrow because the change of plan had a higher priority. Afterwards, you say goodbye and go home.