The Lookout #21: Eventtech Landscape Map & Some Hannover Messe Learnings
Hi there, it’s Felix again with a new issue of The Lookout! We’ve been busy over here at PIRATEx, but the industry hasn’t been slowing down either. Here’s what’s been on my radar, and what you won’t want to miss from the events world this week. We’ve launched the latest Eventtech Landscape. This week PIRATEx has launched an updated eventtech landscape map with 341 platforms to help event organizers execute their best online experiences yet. Since our first release in February, our Eventtech Landscape map has grown by nearly 130 new platforms, showcasing new technologies for organizers to build and create even more exceptional online experiences for their audiences. Some new additions to the landscape include companies such as roomskale, which offers organizers the ability to create a virtual showroom, and newcon, which lets organizers monetize and reuse their event content, post event. Find out all the details about the new eventtech landscape map here, and check out some of the new 3-D platforms right here.
Hannover Messe Goes Digital, while the German tradeshow industry feels the pain: This week, one of Germany’s, and the world’s largest industrial fairs went ahead in a digital format, complete with an opening by Chancellor Angela Merkel. 1800 exhibitors are represented (including PIRATEx client BW-i). Fair organizer Jochen Köckler’s opening talk expressed the virtual format remains necessary for the pandemic, but in their view, hybrid will be the way forward. For many exhibitors however, the chance to appear at a virtual show was welcomed after a year where 70% of fairs had to be cancelled due to the pandemic. These cancellations left trade fair, exhibition and congress organizers with 56% less revenue in 2020.
- Messen: Industrie sieht Aufwärtstrend zum Start der Hannover Messe [Stuttgarter Zeitung]
- Touchcast Unveils AI-Powered Event Platform Boosted by NVIDIA Maxine Technology [Martech Series]
- EventsAIR launches new version of OnAIR [Conference News]
- Informa partners with virtual event platform Totem to create ConnectMe [Conferences and Meetings World]
- Brightcove Announces Virtual Events for Business [Yahoo Finance]
- Virtual, Inc. Holds its 100th Virtual Event During COVID-19 [Yahoo News]
- Virtual event studio ‘can host 250,000 attendees’ [AV Interactive]
- Virt Seeks To Serve As The Hub To Find And Join Virtual Events [Broadband Breakfast]
How to do it:
- A Virtual World For Your Next Event? (+10 new 3D Virtual Events Platforms to try) [PIRATEx]
- Simplify Virtual Experiences With Eventbrite’s Faster Zoom Integration [Eventbrite]
- How To Boost Attendance And Engagement At Virtual Events [Forbes]
- Adapting to a Virtual World With 12 Years of Practice [Credit Union Times] How one industry transitioned to virtual events with panache.
- How to Keep Conferences, Conventions, and Events Safe in 2021 [Ebi]
- Event Profs Communities: the best practices for successful community building [InEvent]
- The post-pandemic playbook: safety, hybridisation and innovation [Conference & Incentive Travel]
- Top 7 Games to Play at Your Next Virtual Team Event [Hopin Blog]
- Make the Most of Virtual Conferences with These 5 Tips [SmarterCX]
- Digitale Veranstaltungen im Nachhaltigkeits-Check [Event Partner]
Don’t Miss It:
- ‘The world of either is behind us’: Marketers predict the future of events will be a hybrid of online, in-person [Digiday]
- Ready to Rock: Las Vegas Sees Strong Event Bookings, Unveils New Venues [Tradeshow News]
- Venice Architecture Biennale pavilions set to open without visitors [Dezeen]
- Five lessons from a year of online GDC events [Gaming industry moves to online events, with a big payoff]
- Digital-Events: Resonanz im Netz erzeugen [Event Partner]
- “Bzgl. der Erfolgsfaktoren unterscheidet sich eine virtuelle Messe nicht wesentlich von einer Präsenzmesse.” [Marktforschung] Moving a tradefair into a digital world doesn’t mean you have to compromise on anything, besides maybe the exhibition’s food!
- Studie So effektiv sind virtuelle Messen und Konferenzen [Producktion] New German study on the effectiveness of virtual fairs, shows different impacts across industries.
- Wie funktionieren Digitalmessen? Interview mit Prof. Gernot Gehrke von der Hochschule Hannover [Waz] Prof. Gernot Gehrke about the advantages of digital industry and it’s impact on tradefairs.
- Visable Studie: Relevanz einer Präsenz auf Messen in Frage gestellt [WE] The relevance of trade fairs is questioned by some, especially as business moves forward despite trade fair cancellations.
I hope you’ve had a great week. Next week, we’re going green for a good cause, namely, the planet! Earth day takes place next Thursday, so we’ve joined the Leaders for Climate Action to help spread awareness about how we all can act more sustainably in our organizations.
PIRATEx is proud to completely offset our carbon emissions, use green website hosting options and use responsible business travel options. But there are a lot of things you can do within your organization to help make an impact.
Ready to get started? Check out our new interview, and stay tuned to our programming next week!